Friday 11 November 2011

Moccasins

I've been admiring the little paper shoes that I see on the web. When I found this pattern for moccasins here, I knew I had the perfect addition to my Thanksgiving table.

Download the pattern here and print it on a piece of copy paper.

Place the pattern on a piece of brown card stock and cut out the three parts of the shoe.


Use a small paper punch (smaller than the binder paper one) to punch out all of the holes. At this point I rubbed on brown shoe polish for a mottled look. This is entirely optional.



Cut a long piece of black waxed linen twine (I found this in the beading department in Walmart) and fold it in half. Place the fold at the center of the toe of shoe and whip stitch the cord on either side of the top. This is so that you are only dealing with half of the cord at a time. Keep going until you reach the ends of the top of the shoe.



Add the back and sides piece and stitch until you meet in the back. Tie the ends of the cord under the sole. Stuff the toe of the shoe with some wadded paper to give it dimension.Take a small length of cord and tie the flaps together.




I didn't want my indian moccasin to be mistaken for my grandfather's bedroom slippers, so I decided to add a bead detail. I put a bunch of seed beads in a small dish and strung them together with needle and thread. I placed a small round circle of Goop glue on a piece of card stock and coiled the beads on it. After they dried, I cut out the circle and glued it to the front of the shoe.



Fill your moccasin with goodies for your diners. I found some "Indian Corn" and thought it was just the thing.


                                      Place one at each place setting and tuck in a name card. 



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews