Friday 11 November 2011

Spring Flower Wreath from Paint Chip Samples


 Have you seen The Lettered Cottage's new E-zine?  It is FABULOUS!!  Inside it's digital pages was this adorable heart wreath from the Flower Patch Farmgirl.  Using inspiration from that I made this little paint chip paper heart wreath!  NOW, I do plan on make another wreath that is very similar to the one from the Flower Patch Farmgirl.  It's just TOO SWEET not to copy!!

For this project I gathered up some paint chip samples from Walmart.  I made a little heart out of card stock and traced hearts on the backs of the samples.




Then I just started to glued the hearts into a circle to form a flower.  This is my first one.  I just HAD to share with y'all just how MESSY it is!  Look at all the glue!

My other flowers started to come out a little better.  I adorned them with little wood beads.



For the wreath I grabbed an empty cereal box and cut a circle from it.  It always helps when your box comes with an image of a circle already on it!!





don't have pictures for this next part.  Once I had glued all my little flowers to the circle, well it was lopsided!  It drove me nuts.  I tried everything to fix it and it just wouldn't work.  I ended up tearing a lot of the flowers.  So, I took it all apart and made a half circle with it.  Then cut a piece of the cereal box to make the other half of the circle.  I wrapped it in ribbon and made a big bow.  Glued the bow to the wreath and....TA DAH!!!

 New Spring Flower Wreath!





What do you think??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews